Peripatetic.
Click 'em to see 'em bigger.
Scroll way down for archives and stuff.

Sunday, July 18, 2004

under 14th street

If you're on the LES and you want to get home to NoBatt and there is a major rain storm forecast and the drops are beginning to fall, what path do you take?  (No cheating by hailing a cab.)
 
My answer to that question today was to get on the F at 2nd Ave, then off at 14th and take the underground tunnel from 6th ave to 7th ave where my wife and I caught the 1/9 home.

The tunnel was surprisingly not as sweltering and urine-stench-y as I was expecting.  Nice acousitics for fellow singing Beatles tunes near the 7th ave end.
 
(I took this picture while walking so it came a little fuzzier than it should be.  Still impressively clear for a photo in motion.)

No comments:

Links

  • Mail me at Will.Femia @ Gmail.com

Blog Archive