Peripatetic.
Click 'em to see 'em bigger.
Scroll way down for archives and stuff.

Sunday, January 29, 2006

A crooked house

The other day I was in a cab that cut across 17th Street to get to the West Side Highway. Out the window I saw the craziest looking building under construction so I made it my mission today to check it out. Maybe it'll make sense once it's wrapped in glass, but right now it looks like something out of Dr. Seuss - hardly a straight line in the place.



No, I don't have a fish-eye lens, these columns are actually crooked.






These shots are in the back from 19th Street. I tried to include a bit of this square white building to give a point of reference for something straight.

I can't wait to see this finished.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's the new IAC hq!

http://www.curbed.com/archives/2005/12/13/the_gehry_effect_revealed_at_chelseas_new_iac_hq.php

Admin said...

Someone should tell those builders to stop drinking while they work :p

Links

  • Mail me at Will.Femia @ Gmail.com

Blog Archive