Peripatetic.
Click 'em to see 'em bigger.
Scroll way down for archives and stuff.

Thursday, April 21, 2005

More hip shots

These are no-look photos taken with the camera held down by my hip. Contrary to what the number may seem to imply, I was a little more selective in what I posted this time. I'm still getting a feel for what I like in these.

One thing I forgot to mention in the earlier hip shot entry is that pary of what made me want to do this was a photo exhibit I saw of shots taken of people while they watched a train line being dismantled (in the 1930's?). It was just people sitting and looking, but that was enough to get a sense of the time and the people.

I wonder how much of these photos I'm not appreciating because I live in the time they were taken so I take some of their information for granted. Anyway, while I don't think the Smithsonian is going to come knocking any time soon, I do think that people photos deal on more levels than just the aesthetic (an elementary statement, but such is the way with self-teaching).


He's describing an item of clothing, particularly how it fit the bust.

Holding the camera too low can feel a little "upskirt" if you know what I mean, but I like this one for the word on the bag. If I push the replay button with this woman spring to her feet with new energy?

Cell phones are surely one of those things we don't notice now that future generations will smirk at.







When I walked past they were speaking animatedly to each other in Spanish. It's strange to me that the photo came out showing them barely even looking at each other.

She is wearing holey jeans similar to the ones in the window.



What colors! Did the woman with the orange hair know she was sitting in front of an orange door?



This photo came out way too disorganized, but this old couple was really cute. It looks like the subject is the blonde woman, which I think makes this shot best appreciated for its symbolism than for its composition (unfortunately, one out of two doesn't make for a good photo).

No comments:

Links

  • Mail me at Will.Femia @ Gmail.com

Blog Archive