Peripatetic.
Click 'em to see 'em bigger.
Scroll way down for archives and stuff.

Friday, June 03, 2005

Mirror Mirror on the Roof

This week's Tribeca Trib has an article about mirrors being placed on the roof of a building to provide sun to an otherwise shaded park. I had to check it out for myself.

They're those three discs on the roof.

I guess it's this end of Teardrop Park they're concerned about. And the article makes it sound as though there's more of the park yet to be built.

Below is the north end, which is also pretty shady. Interesting how the trees catch the light of the setting sun between the buildings. I never noticed before, but that's probably on purpose. Of course, usually when I come here I mostly notice the rocks.

If I understand the article, there will be more park in the foreground of this photo below. I'm still having a hard time imagining how the mirrors are going to shine light down there.


I happened to have a "before" picture from this past winter.

No comments:

Links

  • Mail me at Will.Femia @ Gmail.com

Blog Archive