Peripatetic.
Click 'em to see 'em bigger.
Scroll way down for archives and stuff.

Sunday, November 14, 2004

Contrast

While snapping shots of progress on George's, I looked down and saw this:

What immediately came to mind was this:

I don't have a scanner, so this is a picture of a picture. It was taken shortly after 9/11. They used our street to clear debris from the hole. The flatbed is hauling twisted I-beams out, moving trucks are there for people who couldn't take living down here, and the Mexican place across the street was ready to get the heck out.

That top photo I took yesterday morning shows another flatbed full of I-beams, but this time they're new and going into a construction. By the way, even though the gates were down when I took the shot, that Mexican place ended up staying. How far we've come.

No comments:

Links

  • Mail me at Will.Femia @ Gmail.com

Blog Archive