Peripatetic.
Click 'em to see 'em bigger.
Scroll way down for archives and stuff.

Monday, November 29, 2004

Artist as art

For at least a moment, tourists on the steps of Federal Hall found something other than the Stock Exchange and the statue of Washington to look at.


For some reason I both like and dislike this photo. I like that it looks like Washington is praying to the painter. I like the color of the light in the arches on the right and how it matches the color of the easel. I don't like that the photo isn't a little sharper, and I'm having a real problem figuring the compositional balance. Are the arches on the right as heavy as all those linear steps on the left? My eye doesn't know what to when it looks at this.

No comments:

Links

  • Mail me at Will.Femia @ Gmail.com

Blog Archive