Peripatetic.
Click 'em to see 'em bigger.
Scroll way down for archives and stuff.

Wednesday, July 07, 2004

OH NO!

I'd been to El Teddys before it closed, but Burrito Bar was always a walk-by-gotta-go-in-there-someday place. (I know, this makes two posts in a row with that theme, but seriously, since 9/11 when restaurants I'd been meaning to go to were destroyed, I do make a greater effort to try new places intead of just walking by them.)

I guess I have a month to say I was there.

(via Curbed)

... waitaminnit... I just read the whole article in the Trib. It does take away from the magic of the place to know that it used to be a Caliente Cab company. And the guy says he's going to open a new bigger one, hopefully in TriBeCa, so it's not really quite as tragic as El Teddy's. Actually, it kind of reminds me of Wetlands with its hippie motif, that was another sad closing right around there.

No comments:

Links

  • Mail me at Will.Femia @ Gmail.com

Blog Archive