I should know better than to expect that if the local weekend news is going to cover something that I will do so in a complete fashion, but still, it was a little annoying seeing every station covering the Burr/Hamilton shoot out in Weehawken with no mention of the singnificant NYC Hamilton landmarks.
For all the fuss in Weehawken, there was almost no hype around Hamilton's grave.
kinda hard to see, tricky light this morning before the rain.
Actually, Trinity Church was having some to-do over it. In this shot you can see that in fact there is some hype around the grave.
One other really wicked cool factoid about the Hamiton duel is that the public can view the pistol that shot him. where? At One If By Land. My wife and I went there on Valentine's day and literally sat next to the dueling pistol that killed Hamilton.
Click 'em to see 'em bigger.
Scroll way down for archives and stuff.
- ► 2011 (109)
- ► 2010 (168)
- ► 2009 (190)
- ► 2008 (353)
- ► 2007 (1070)
- ► 2006 (1106)
- ► 2005 (718)
- Caged animal
- Checker parade
- Bye Dan
- This looks like salt in the photo, but it was liqu...
- Rosa was our waitress. Even though all of the wai...
- I took this before I realized it wasn't ridiculous...
- Slightly blurry view of Manhattan skyline from Fra...
- Nothing gets a geek off the computer like losing c...
- I could sit on this bench forever.
- As if the women needed a reason...
- Fixing a hole
- Otterness spotting
- Another one?!?!?
- What'd I miss?
- cornerstone quest
- Greening of the city
- WHAT THE???
- They cost $10
- 9/11 news means here comes the circus
- Trying this again bigger
- And this jasmine flower just popped. These things...
- And this is him under the rock
- I just realized that cat blogging is the equival...
- Guide to outdoor movies
- March down West side to Chambers
- Nice Siren photos
- Cru buzz is building!
- blowin' up downtown
- under 14th street
- The new Schwinn
- Of course I went
- The boardwalk was slammin'.
- In the category of "look how many people were th...
- It was funny how at a certain point in the day, ...
- I took this shot for the colors as well. There ar...
- The fellow on the right is showing his double rows...
- This fellow is putting a screwdriver up his nose.
- Everyone was excited to take a picture of the fell...
- The approach to the Stillwell Ave. stage. Nice sk...
- Siren Main Stage. Cyclone to the right, more rid...
- Cool junk
- cool junk
- new Blogger interface
- Cornerstone in the rain
- Trinity Boxing Club
- The ever changing face...
- Here! Here!
- the View
- The 4400
- something I actually did do
- Question of the day
- other Will
- not translating
- anticipating the coming theater
- Needless to say...
- To-Do tomorrow
- Prince is king
- Quick shot
- Left out of Hamilton coverage
- SoHo. Nice colors.
- Canal Street. The shadows are a bit too much to s...
- Cornerstone follow-up
- Urban survivalists
- try to make this work
- Wouldn't have to ask me twice
- Still don't get it
- Stadium has opponents downtown
- Guess they were serious
- There must be a trick
- That's not my city
- Best S.I. pizza?
- Ground Zero viewing secret
- OH NO!
- Destination OTB?
- BPC Bikes
- OH!!!! Nader blows it
- Clunky tool
- Parking violation?
- Not coming to Barneys any time soon.
- New theater downstairs
- This is from a few weeks ago at the Ten House ride...
- Ben's got a point
- meat rot stench
- A test of Will
- ▼ July (91)