Peripatetic.
Click 'em to see 'em bigger.
Scroll way down for archives and stuff.

Thursday, July 15, 2004

Cornerstone in the rain

OK, one more photo, then I'm done.  I'm determined to go to bed before midnight tonight.
 
In preface to explaining this photo I should point out that I work in NJ and usually commute by motorcycle.  On the days when it's raining in the mornings, I don't want to get to work wet, so I sometimes take the PATH.  Since it was raining like crazy this week,  I took the train and was able to test my theory that the WTC Freedom Tower cornerstone is visible from the train.
There it is anyway, for what it's worth.  It's that little bundle of orange on the left.  There is track between the Hoboken line and the cornerstone, so it is conceivable that you could get even closer.  What really messed up this shot is that I had the camera on "auto" and the flash went off in the window since it was dark out.
 
Soooo.... at this point no one could possible care about this anymore, but since I've sort of talked myself into a misson of getting a clear shot of the cornerstone, I'll try again next rainy commute.

No comments:

Links

  • Mail me at Will.Femia @ Gmail.com

Blog Archive