Peripatetic.
Click 'em to see 'em bigger.
Scroll way down for archives and stuff.

Monday, July 19, 2004

blowin' up downtown

I know that in some neighborhoods, news that more people are moving in is met with a groan, and no doubt some of my neighbors see articles like this and think, "There goes the neighborhood."  But personally, I welcome every residential upgrade I see down here.  I live in the city because I like people.  The more the merrier (we'll see how long it takes me to contract that statement).
 
The end of Washington Street is waaay nicer now that 90 Washington is open for living.  It used to just be empty space.  I don't think there's been any business in there for the last few years.  Something that really got me excited was a few weeks ago there was a big sign in the bottom of 90 Washington offering restaurant space there on the corner.  It would be a beautiful place for a restaurant.  Before I could even take a picture of the sign, it was down and workers were putting in big windows.  I don't know if that means they leased it that fast or if the windows were part of the building rehab, but I seriously look forward to that.
 
If the piece has made anyone interested enough to come down here, Romi is probably one of the more exciting spaces to open up lately.
 
And don't forget there's building going on in the George's Diner spot.  I'll post photos of that soon. 
 
 
 

No comments:

Links

  • Mail me at Will.Femia @ Gmail.com

Blog Archive