Peripatetic.
Click 'em to see 'em bigger.
Scroll way down for archives and stuff.

Sunday, September 19, 2004

When the circus leaves



This is really part of my Tribute in Light series since I did day shots and night shots. This is an "after" shot.

The shot itself might be a little over-dramatic with the tattered flag and bleak lot. That's not really a statement I was trying to make. In fact, my real goal with this shot was to try to duplicate something I saw at the top of the Battery Park City Broadsheet (I don't think they have a Web site, sorry, locals only).

They took this same photo, but they put the camera up next to the names and put the people in the background, which I think worked a whole lot better. So I when I first framed this shot from the other side of the lot I thought the flag made an interesting focus. Instead I walked around the other side and tried that trick. It worked pretty well I think.

No comments:

Links

  • Mail me at Will.Femia @ Gmail.com

Blog Archive