Peripatetic.
Click 'em to see 'em bigger.
Scroll way down for archives and stuff.

Sunday, September 12, 2004

A closer look at the tribute in light (night)








Down close to the base, the beams are full of what I can only guess are moths of some kind. Father up the beam, when you look from a distance, you can see tons of birds. I remember reading concerns of environmentalists that it would mess up birds if this tribute was made permanent and I thought they were being ridiculous. Looking at all the birds in there tonight, I guess I could see how it might have an impact. It's kind of creepy to see.

There's quite a bit of smoke or steam or something coming off the lights. It might be the bugs burning, but it doesn't smell so I'm not sure.









It's a pretty mind blowing optical illusion that the beams appear to converge in the sky.



No comments:

Links

  • Mail me at Will.Femia @ Gmail.com

Blog Archive