Peripatetic.
Click 'em to see 'em bigger.
Scroll way down for archives and stuff.

Tuesday, August 03, 2004

Thumbs up Marty

Kudos to Martin Scorsese for not media whoring about the opening of the Statue of Liberty. As I recall, he was the face of fundraising to get the place opened, in fact, wasn't it opened with a lot of private money donations? Sorta makes me rub my chin seeing a certain governor hogging handshakes and camera time. Thanks for all that state aid buddy.

Thinking on it more, what was one of the more interesting debates over the matter was that some folks didn't like the idea of using private money for this very public icon. I don't have an opinion on that really. I guess I fall in the pragmatist camp. Let's get the thing open with whatever money we can get. That said, I think less of the govt. at the end of the day, so there ya go, I guess I do have an opinion.

No comments:

Links

  • Mail me at Will.Femia @ Gmail.com

Blog Archive