Peripatetic.
Click 'em to see 'em bigger.
Scroll way down for archives and stuff.

Thursday, January 27, 2005

Where does the snow go?


On Liberty Street there are huge mountains of snow, a few big orange front loaders, and this weird looking orange dumpster looking thing. If I'm not mistaken, this is a snow melter. The big orange tube in the middle is a pipe that goes into a manhole cover. They dump the snow in, it's blasted with heat, and the water goes into the sewer.

There is the end of the huge pile of snow. Unfortunately the shift was just ending as I got there and they were cleaning the melter so I didn't get to see what it looks like in operation. Is there a lot of steam? Maybe tomorrow I'll see them in action.

And this is me about to be squashed by a huge orange truck.

No comments:

Links

  • Mail me at Will.Femia @ Gmail.com

Blog Archive