Peripatetic.
Click 'em to see 'em bigger.
Scroll way down for archives and stuff.

Sunday, January 09, 2005

Local quiz

To my downtown neighbors, can you name why each of the three photos below was impossible until recently? Answers at the bottom.

A

B

C


A: There's no police checkpoint on Broadway @ Cedar. There have been at least two flashing cop cars there for at least many months, and maybe even years. I can hardly remember when they weren't there.

B: This picture is only recently possible because it's only recently the Chinatown info kiosk is brand new. Gotta love that neon.

C: This one I can say for sure has been obscured for years. Since just after 9/11 the building at the corner of Trinity and Thames (I think that's a school) and the stretch of Thames between Trinity and Greenwich has been covered with scaffolding which is now slowly being peeled back.

No comments:

Links

  • Mail me at Will.Femia @ Gmail.com

Blog Archive