Peripatetic.
Click 'em to see 'em bigger.
Scroll way down for archives and stuff.

Sunday, February 11, 2007

Hey Stu...

UPDATE.... OK, when I wrote this I was viewing it with IE7 and a very high resolution. This morning, on IE6 with lower res, none of the big pictures are fitting. The column isn't breaking, but my photos aren't showing up correctly. So no, this isn't anywhere near a solution.

You may notice the template here is a little different. I was looking for a way to fix that breaking column problem and tried the "customize template" button in the new Blogger. It kept the same template name, but upgraded the code a bit. I still have to poke around and see if I can find the actual column width specifications, but at first glance the new template is using this trick: overflow: hidden.

Overflow: hidden basically chops off anything that doesn't fit within the prescribed column width. Since my large photos do visually fit in the column, the truncation doesn't appear to be noticeable (unless I'm missing something). It seems like a pretty messy solution but I'm liking it so far better than the way the column used to break (though it does still look broken). I'll let you know if I find a better way.

No comments:

Links

  • Mail me at Will.Femia @ Gmail.com

Blog Archive