Peripatetic.
Click 'em to see 'em bigger.
Scroll way down for archives and stuff.

Sunday, August 21, 2005

Color Wall

I don't know what this is for, but what an impressively ambitious project.







This guy is unrolling sheets of paper and rubbing some kind of grey powder on them. I guess the powder somehow transfers a mark from the paper to the wall. Then the guy takes out some kind of marker and traces the lines which the other guy paints in. I couldn't get the lines themselves to show up.

I can only imagine that this will end up being an advertisement for something, but regardless, I give them credit for doing it by hand rather than printing it on vinyl with a computer and stretching it across the building.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It reminds me of Uncle Bob's art style (at times?) I wonder if you snail-mailed him the address of the site, if he'd go by and see it one weekend - or would he enjoy getting copies of the images in the mail? I know you two are plenty busy - just a thought!
Always enjoying your updates =)

~Kristi

Will said...

Hi Kristi, It looks like this isn't an ad after all, it's a public art project.
http://www.iht.com/bin/print_ipub.php?file=/articles/2005/08/15/features/billboard.php
Of the three, this is the one at Canal.. I think Greene is the cross street.

Links

  • Mail me at Will.Femia @ Gmail.com

Blog Archive