Peripatetic.
Click 'em to see 'em bigger.
Scroll way down for archives and stuff.

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Picnic



I think the top one is the better crop, but I like that older lady on the right in the lower one so I felt bad cropping her out.

McCarren park is full of these kinds of picnics. I call them minivan picnics because there's usually a huge family who pulls up in a mini van, sets up the grill and chairs and toys like an outdoor living room, and then leaves the side door of the van open so they can hear the radio play salsa music. No doubt lots of great memories are being made.

One thing that'll make an interesting contrast is when those million dollar apartments in the background start selling, with views from the living room of less wealthy familys making a temporary living room in the park.

No comments:

Links

  • Mail me at Will.Femia @ Gmail.com

Blog Archive