Peripatetic.
Click 'em to see 'em bigger.
Scroll way down for archives and stuff.

Friday, April 28, 2006

Long awaited demo

Speaking of activity at Ground Zero, this is 21-23 Thames Street at the corner of Greenwich. It's directly across from the Deutschebank building, so I would consider it part of greater Ground Zero, but it hasn't been mentioned in any of the recent news I've read. After some mysterious work behind a lot of scaffolding, it's apparent that most of the building has been taken away.

The bottom shot was taken in mid March. I took it because for a few days there were those plastic boxes on the roof. I'm pretty sure those are decontamination tents. I remember that local outcry had put a stop to work until proper safety measures were implimented. I guess they got it sorted out.

No comments:

Links

  • Mail me at Will.Femia @ Gmail.com

Blog Archive