Peripatetic.
Click 'em to see 'em bigger.
Scroll way down for archives and stuff.

Thursday, September 15, 2005

George opens!

I didn't get a chance to post it on Sunday when George's opened, but we finally have a diner in our neighborhood again. (Note customers, not construction guys going in the door.) When I walked in on Sunday I immediately recognized the manager of the Pussycat Lounge and the guy who works in the management office in my building. I sat up stairs and got the same waitress (I think she's George's daughter).







I have a folder full of these progress photos. George put up some shots of the building in the stairway to the upstairs dining room so I took everything I've shot of his building, put it on a disc and gave it to him. He seemed appreciative.

The view from upstairs. Good people watching. Standing by the SUV is George, talking with the guy who owns (runs?) the Cafe Bravo complex.

This last one is to point out that the new hours are longer than they used to be. George's, like everything else down here used to be strictly for the business hours crowd. If you think lower Manhattan is a dead zone at night and on weekends now, you should have seen it before. So while I'm not sure how late George's will be open, I saw them in there as late as 9:30 tonight. Hopefully that'll work for them.

Welcome back George.

No comments:

Links

  • Mail me at Will.Femia @ Gmail.com

Blog Archive