Peripatetic.
Click 'em to see 'em bigger.
Scroll way down for archives and stuff.

Sunday, December 05, 2004

Ride through history

So I'm taking the 4 train uptown from 14 to 42 and I'm standing in the door and reach to steady myself. It wasn't until we got to the station that I realize that what I was holding onto hadn't been in my hand for years. What made me realize it was a guy in an MTA vest on a walkee-talkee who called in to the station and said "Grand Central, we're pulling into the station now with a museum train..."

Museum train? AH! This was one of those 100th anniversary re-commissioned trains. Are there none of this kind of train running anymore, with the straight bench and the springy individual hangers? I love those hangers.




No comments:

Links

  • Mail me at Will.Femia @ Gmail.com

Blog Archive